Monday, November 25, 2013

Craggy Pinnacle (NC)


After leaving Grandfather Mountain (below), I’d hoped to find a campsite on the way south along the Blue Ridge Parkway. But no luck. I passed a trailhead to Craggy Pinnacle just before sunset and stopped to bag one more wee summit for the day.  

32. Craggy Pinnacle: This one was even easier than Rough Ridge, but it was an actual named summit, though not very craggy and definitely no pinnacle. To be sure, I consulted Section 2.E(z) of my Sixty Summits rule book and determined that a special exemption applied herewith and thereupon granted myself credit for the summit once climbed. I wandered up, soaked in the sunset views with about 20 other folks and shuffled back down. Check.
Miles (RT):  1.4 mile; elevation gain: 150 feet
Cumulative mileage and gain:  132.8 miles / 37,300 feet

View from the not so craggy top.

On the way to Asheville.

No comments:

Post a Comment