Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Red River Gorge (KY)


After dropping Kris at the airport in Louisville early on July 26, I drove to Red River Gorge east of Lexington for a dayhike. I really needed the exercise. I’ve forgotten who recommended it to me, but I’ll have to thank them later. It turned out to be a perfect place to ramble for a few hours on rocky ridges among the 80 or so natural arches tucked away in the woods. I picked up a short guide to trails and opted for the scenic loop to Courthouse Rock, plus a few short walks to Whistling Arch, Angel Windows and Sky Bridge. Wow.


Courthouse Rock in the distance.





Angel Window.

Sky Bridge.


Sky Bridge.


Tunnel at Red River Gorge.



Roadside waterfall on the way to New River.



A tornado ripped through here a couple years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment