Friday, January 4, 2013

Shark teeth hunting at Chesapeake Beach (MD)

Shark teeth hunting.
In June, 2011, Mark, a friend at the office, invited another cohort, Bill, and I to join him and his daughter in a shark teeth hunting expedition on the shore near the town of Chesapeake Beach, Maryland.  While the experts raked in the teeth by the dozens, Bill and I stumbled around aimlessly finding zip.  It does appear to be something you develop an eye for, as our guides were clearly demonstrating.  After a time, I finally found a few tiny ones and dropped them in a pocket.  Bill, I think, was just getting a kick out of being on the beach with friends.  He and I started our new jobs on the same day late January and both our wives were still “back home” a number of states away.  He happily offered his truck and helped me move a futon couch into my new seventh floor apartment in Silver Spring.  I bought him dinner in return.  I wished I’d done more to enjoy Bill’s always upbeat company.  Toward the end of 2012, Bill passed away from an aggressive cancer that took us all by surprise.  I'm told he went courageously.  Rest in peace, friend.
Mark (left) and Bill (right).

No comments:

Post a Comment